PROPOSED CATEGORIES OF THE YEAR 2021
Award Categories for Group-1: SMART TECH COMPANIES
These are companies which use new age digital business models or digital technologies and such use contributes to more than 75 percent of their turnover.
They are divided into following three categories – nascent startups, mid-level adolescents and “grown up” adult companies with a vision to become unicorns
- Nascent “Born Digital” Start ups – primarily baby or early stage startups with a new and disruptive idea, and have set up a nascent business with some revenue (not pre-revenue stage). They should have an annual net revenue of Rs 1-10cr in calendar 2021 and should have been set up on or after 1-Jan-2019. Such startups would usually be in the process of being recognized and scaling up -> they may be a future B or C category company (description below)
- Solution or Product oriented Mid-level digital companies - primarily mid-sized smart technology led companies which use digital tech to make a product or provide a project or solution. Typical net revenue would be in the bracket of Rs 10-100 cr in calendar 2021. These can also be digital consulting companies or alliance partners for larger corporations.
- We may segregate fintech companies in this section
- And also some of the software / pure-tech companies in this section
- Pure Play Digital / Online companies having primarily an online / virtual new business model, large companies, disrupting the legacy models of doing business across multiple sectors and having a total revenue of more than Rs 100 cr in 2021.
1 - A 1 - B 1 - C Net revenue between 1 - 10 cr and set up within last 3yrs Net revenue between 10-100 cr Net revenue Above 100 cr
- Other Technology Companies - Other mid / large scale technology companies providing IT and digital products and / or services which help transform other businesses digitally across sectors in India and globally.
Award Categories in Group 2: Organisations embracing Digital Transformation
These awards will be given on the basis of companies in the following industry sectors:
- BFSI and NBFC Sector (2 Awards with net revenue <500 cr and>500cr)
- Manufacturing and Engineering (2 Awards with net revenue <500 cr and>500cr)
- Healthcare and Pharma / Chemical Process Industry (2 Awards with net revenue <500 cr and>500cr)
- Utilities & Energy: Telecom, Gas, Infrastructure, Electricity, Transportation, Logistics, etc. (2 Awards with net revenue <500 cr and>500cr)
- Education and Training (2 Awards with net revenue <500 cr and>500cr)
- Retail / Ecommerce (2 Awards with net revenue <500 cr and>500cr)
- Others – not covered above (2 Awards with net revenue <500 cr and>500cr)
Award Categories in Group 3: Government and Public Sector Units having Digital Strategy
- Government and Public Sector:
- This includes Govt Departments undertaking digital transformation and services across central, state and district level
- o PSU companies who have embarked on digital journeys. – This will also include PSU companies who have put in a digital blueprint and started on their first few digital projects.